Did you know that everyone in the world desires the same thing? Whether we realize it or not, whether we live it or not, we all want the same thing.
We all want connection.
We want to feel connected to ourselves. We want to feel connected to our families, our friends, to life itself. But all too often, we misunderstand what connection is and how to achieve it.
No one else can give us connection… and it isn’t available with free shipping from Amazon.
Chasing connection and having connection are not the same thing.
Connection is not something that can be forced. It comes naturally as you slow down and make space to connect with the quiet within.
This requires letting go of the complex spin of thoughts you get caught up in and listening to your inner space, which allows you to get intimate with yourself and align with your heart. As you connect with your heart, you move into the world from a place of open-heartedness and awareness. It is a compass guiding you to authenticity, integrity, and connection. Acceptance is key.
When you act out of fear or judgment and desperately try to control other people or situations, that is the opposite of connection. Burdening yourself with the belief that this, that, or the other thing is wrong or that you have been thwarted leaves you fighting life, and that just feels awful. When you align with your heart and accept what the world puts in front of you, whatever that may be, you are allowing yourself to soften, open, and let go of trying to control anyone or anything in your life.
That is freedom.
When you’re connected, you know the difference between the things you can control and the things that the Universe controls. You can focus your energy on doing what you need to do, and let life itself take care of everything else. Learning to trust the process is a part of the process. Trusting the process invites you to go with the flow and will eventually become your preferred way to live because it is f-ing awesome.
Connecting with your heart offers you passion and juiciness. When you are connected, food will taste better, the weather will seem more pleasant, even if it’s raining, and you will find yourself laughing more easily. You make choices to act (or not act) based on what your heart wants. Even if what your heart wants requires hard work to achieve, when you are living your heart’s desire, you will be fed through inspiration.
How do you tell if you are living through connection or living disconnected? You can tell by how it feels. If you feel open-hearted and satisfied then you know you are connected. If you are afraid, restless, and feeling resistance, it is an indicator that you are disconnected.
But like with so many things, getting connected is a practice. It does not just arrive all at once, merely because you want it to. You will have to work at it.
You can start now:
- Take 10 deep breaths. Focus on your inhale, focus on your exhale. This focus invites you to let go of the the hustle and bustle of day-to-day life, and to connect with your inner silence. Focused breathing allows you to connect with your right-brain, which is your intuitive, and heart-centered self. This is a different way of living your life as you connect with your intuition and spirit, rather than just a logical or linear way of living.
- Now explore what feeling more connected in your life would feel like to you. Maybe feeling connected would feel like — Peace, freedom, or spaciousness.
- Claim a feeling of connection, then focus on what that feeling would feel like in your body, since what you focus on expands.
- Claim the feeling of peace in your body and feel peace wash through you.
- Claim the feeling of freedom in your body and feel into an organic expansiveness.
- Now try on and claim the feeling of spaciousness in your body.
- W h a t y o u f o c u s o n e x p a n d s. Saturate yourself in the words, “I AM LOVE”. It is your heart’s truth, whether you know it, remember it, are living it, or not.